volunteers needed :)

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
Ironboy
Abby Hoffman

Postby Ironboy » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:06 pm

Will we be able to "register" for the race, meaning if we look at a race or list of races, will we see who'll be there?

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:41 pm

Jacc wrote:Will we be able to "register" for the race, meaning if we look at a race or list of races, will we see who'll be there?

no. It will be open to the general public, not just our membership.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Beerslinger
Bill Crothers

Postby Beerslinger » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:52 pm

I can try do it for Vancouver Island. I miss quite a few of the fun runs though, being so far away from the large population bases.
Too tired to get out training? Two words - Floppy Manboobs.

2008 - bmo Vancouver 1/2: 2:28:17 PB!!

Please support me in the ride to conquer cancer

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:33 pm

I would also like to see:

-cost of race
-what (if any) charity the race is raising funds for (or alternately, why the race is run). This could be a little blurb such as "The Bob 5K is run in honour of Bob Smith who founded the town of blah blah, where the race is held every year. Bob ran 5K every morning until his death in 1995 at the age of 93. Funds raised from the race go towards the Bob Smith Wee Runners Club, a running club for kids ages 5-12."
-race swag
-links to reviews

I don't know if this is relevant, but my biggest concerns for signing up for races are 1. logistics (when and where the race is) and 2. post-race food. Not listed in order of importance :)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:47 pm

FishPants wrote:I would also like to see:

-cost of race
-what (if any) charity the race is raising funds for (or alternately, why the race is run). This could be a little blurb such as "The Bob 5K is run in honour of Bob Smith who founded the town of blah blah, where the race is held every year. Bob ran 5K every morning until his death in 1995 at the age of 93. Funds raised from the race go towards the Bob Smith Wee Runners Club, a running club for kids ages 5-12."
-race swag
-links to reviews

I don't know if this is relevant, but my biggest concerns for signing up for races are 1. logistics (when and where the race is) and 2. post-race food. Not listed in order of importance :)

Since we'll be linking to each race's official site, we'll only be including *basic* details about each race... prices, food, etc can be found on the race site.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:05 pm

Agreed Holly - a lot of that information will be on the organizers web site.

One thing to remember is that we want to do a calendar, not race reviews here. We'll link to reviews where we have them but I suspect for a lot of events (at least in our area) we won't have reviews or even any maniac that's ever done that race.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

FishPants
Lynn Williams

Postby FishPants » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:42 pm

oh, okay, thanks :)

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”