problem solving

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:25 pm

Doonst wrote:Can I still make bad jokes? Remember I am rarely serious, and light mocking is my way of showing affliction. Any threats of decapitation were all in jest i assure you.

:shock: we will still have doonst and dgrant bashing allowed, right?! ;)
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

drghfx
Abby Hoffman

Postby drghfx » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:16 pm

klewlis wrote:
IronColl wrote:Are these changes effective immediately?

yes. I've already made the addition to the site rules thread.

Dang! I was hoping for a couple of hours' grace to get back at all those SOB's. YEAH, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!! :wink: :lol:

OK. I'm in my happy place now. I've given my head a shake, gone to my pharmacist and have had a few drinks.
"A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers but borrowed from his children." - John James Audubon

"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"I was watching the London Marathon and saw one runner dressed as a chicken and another runner dressed as an egg. I thought: 'This could be interesting'." - Paddy Lennox

"There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast!" - author unknown

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:23 pm

drghfx wrote:
klewlis wrote:
IronColl wrote:Are these changes effective immediately?

yes. I've already made the addition to the site rules thread.

Dang! I was hoping for a couple of hours' grace to get back at all those SOB's. YEAH, YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!!!!! :wink: :lol:

OK. I'm in my happy place now. I've given my head a shake, gone to my pharmacist and have had a few drinks.

Let the baby have his bottle. And the horse you rode on in. :shifty:
next up:

This broken wing will fly again
One fine day
This blackbird's mute gonna sing again
One fine day

So all you sinners come out
And all you drunkards crawl out
Come into the light of one fine day

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:25 pm

Irongirl wrote:
Doonst wrote:Can I still make bad jokes? Remember I am rarely serious, and light mocking is my way of showing affliction. Any threats of decapitation were all in jest i assure you.

:shock: we will still have doonst and dgrant bashing allowed, right?! ;)

Bad jokes are OK. Friendly trash-talking is OK.

One thing to keep in mind is that some people have relationships outside of the board and they might make comments that appear to be rude or insulting to each other, but it's all meant in good fun. We don't want to ruin the spirit of RM by arbitrarily banning friendly banter for fear that someone might be offended.

It's really up to the people involved to speak up if they are offended by a comment made. Hopefully they will do this in a civil way via PM, rather than airing dirty laundry in public.
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:33 pm

Lä wrote:Hopefully they will do this in a civil way via PM, rather than airing dirty laundry in public.

Speaking of dirty laundry, Doonst's leopard tights are fair game, right? I mean, common....

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:45 pm

mcshame wrote:
Lä wrote:Hopefully they will do this in a civil way via PM, rather than airing dirty laundry in public.

Speaking of dirty laundry, Doonst's leopard tights are fair game, right? I mean, common....

Just to let everyone know...as Doonst's Official and Loyal Fan I will be monitoring any posts about him...and taking the necessary action :wink: :wink:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Madame Bourette
Jerome Drayton

Postby Madame Bourette » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:06 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
mcshame wrote:

Just to let everyone know...as Doonst's Official and Loyal Fan I will be monitoring any posts about him...and taking the necessary action :wink: :wink:

Can you monitor this and me at the same time?
"Ok, j'vais l'faire le maudit Ironman!" North of Hélène, Dec 15, 2008.

Running Mania moderator-in-training

babysteps
Jerome Drayton

Postby babysteps » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Iron Terrible wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:
mcshame wrote:

Isn't Eric getting his own Mod assigned to him?

( :D :wink: )

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:12 pm

babysteps wrote:
Iron Terrible wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:
mcshame wrote:

Isn't Eric getting his own Mod assigned to him?

( :D :wink: )

ROFL..."Tante Jo-Jo" will do her best...but it's a very big job :roll:

Seriously though...and back to the original stuff...I'm glad to see these issues brought into the open...and some guidelines established.

Thanks Holly and Mods...You Rock :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:28 pm

Hello everyone!!!!! I love you all!!! People will disgaree, always will...better let them disgaree in a forum than in real life.....let's not lock threads but rather let them go on...I mean what could be the worst thing to happen...someone rekindle thing??? let's maybe rename problem threads "problem threads" and that way we can all have choice to participate of not. It seems it's the same people over and over who are involved anyways. (me being one)

Censorship doesn't solve anything, nore those banning...in my oppinion.

We are fighting against human nature here, you can't fight that, but you can adapt to it.

Respect is cool as long as it's truthful, I would hate to know that someone agrees with me but only because they are complying to rules and not really stating their true feelings.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:38 pm

Stephan wrote:Hello everyone!!!!! I love you all!!! People will disgaree, always will...better let them disgaree in a forum than in real life.....let's not lock threads but rather let them go on...I mean what could be the worst thing to happen...someone rekindle thing??? let's maybe rename problem threads "problem threads" and that way we can all have choice to participate of not. It seems it's the same people over and over who are involved anyways. (me being one)

We are fighting against human nature here, you can't fight that, but you can adapt to it.

Respect is cool as long as it's truthful, I would hate to know that someone agrees with me but only because they are complying to rules and not really stating their true feelings.

There does not have to be agreement in order for there to be respect. I can say, "I disagree with you" or even, "I think you're wrong" without saying "you're stupid" and making it personal. That's the distinction that people need to learn how to make.

And suspending/banning WILL work, both as a deterrent and as a method of ridding the board of people who don't care enough to make the effort.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 pm

I know.......I agree what that part.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Stephan wrote:Hello everyone!!!!! I love you all!!! People will disgaree, always will...better let them disgaree in a forum than in real life.....let's not lock threads but rather let them go on...I mean what could be the worst thing to happen...someone rekindle thing??? let's maybe rename problem threads "problem threads" and that way we can all have choice to participate of not. It seems it's the same people over and over who are involved anyways. (me being one)

What Holly said.

I wouldn't want to be a member of a community where everybody agreed with everybody else. Nobody likes dull and smarmy. Well, maybe some people do, but most of us don't.

If you disagree with something (anything), say so. IMHO we need that for the board to be interesting. The mods won't kill a post for disagreeing or being provocative or whatever so long as its done with respect. And anyone who reports a post on the basis that someone isn't agreeing like they're supposed to will be told that.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Stephan
Abby Hoffman

Postby Stephan » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:07 pm

I agree....I love this forum toooo much to do anythig to harm it.

Therefore I chose to let bygones be bygones and I will accept anything else.

If I get out of line..I deserve to be suspended.

BTW---is it possible to implement a spelling check tool, man alive, my spelling and grammar has been attrocious lately. Maybe I should stop posting when I'm drinking Hic! :P

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”