Posted Routes

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
no_onions
Johnny Miles

Posted Routes

Postby no_onions » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 pm

Hi there.

I have posted a few routes (2 or 3) to the growing list of routes. I think that this resource is a great resource. If I am ever on a business trip again, I will be referencing this list.

The question I have is that there is no feedback available for those who have posted it or those who are considering to run the route.

If I posted a route and someone else runs it, I would be very interested in knowing a few things, first that someone tried out one of my routes, whether the route directions were easy to follow, and what their enjoyment factor was.

Maybe I am alone here and need that sort of reinforcement, but it seems that we put these routes up and will never know if they have been used or how we can improve future submissions. Is there a way to have some sort of feedback area attached to each route. This would also be good if there is a error in the route and a runner (other than the submitter) finds it, it can be included in the feedback notes.

If I am the only one thinking/concerned about this, just ignore this post.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Postby Dr. S » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:50 pm

I think that's a great idea! It doesn't seem to complicated but I know nothing about internet website.... lol
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:10 pm

solo_running_chick wrote:I think that's a great idea! It doesn't seem to complicated but I know nothing about internet website.... lol

I think that's a great idea.

The other question I have. I do most of my running based on time. I have a few very scenic routes in Kingston that I run but I have never posted the routes because I don't have the exact distance...just a rough estimate based on time run and my estimated pace on these routes (I don't have a Garmin).

Would it still be worthwhile posting these routes or would I just be messing up the whole "system"
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:49 pm

It is a good idea, and it's something that we talked about when I was first building the route maps feature... it is on the list for future additions but I'm currently working on something else right now so it'll have to wait. :)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:02 pm

Jo-Jo wrote:
solo_running_chick wrote:I think that's a great idea! It doesn't seem to complicated but I know nothing about internet website.... lol

The other question I have. I do most of my running based on time. I have a few very scenic routes in Kingston that I run but I have never posted the routes because I don't have the exact distance...just a rough estimate based on time run and my estimated pace on these routes (I don't have a Garmin).

Would it still be worthwhile posting these routes or would I just be messing up the whole "system"

Most of the rest of us run each of the routes four times (twice in each direction) and take the logarithmic average of the result. But you do what you like.

j/k I usually use the gmap pedometer result for the distance unless its a race route or something. Frankly I would love to see your routes, I can probably guess most of them. Do any of them go over the causeway?
:wink:
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:40 pm

Al Gore wrote:
Jo-Jo wrote:

Most of the rest of us run each of the routes four times (twice in each direction) and take the logarithmic average of the result. But you do what you like.

j/k I usually use the gmap pedometer result for the distance unless its a race route or something. Frankly I would love to see your routes, I can probably guess most of them. Do any of them go over the causeway?
:wink:

Oh yes...a couple are over the causeway :D
I'll try and get these posted in the next week so you can have a wee walk down memory lane.

Little highjack here...last winter as I was running over the causeway I saw this "stuff" on the ground and couldn't figure out what it was...then I realized it was puke...yep I guess some of those RMC kids had too good a time the night before :roll: :roll:
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:41 pm

oh, to answer your question, Jo-Jo:

It'd be totally fine if you add them anyway... you can either leave the distance as 0 or you can give the approximate distance and then just mention in the notes that it's not exact. We'd still like to see your routes.

And soon.. cuz the contest is almost over. ;)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”