your input

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
ultraslacker
Site Admin

your input

Postby ultraslacker » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:01 pm

now that we've been running for nearly two weeks (!), how does everyone feel about the way the topics are currently split up? do we need more categories? eg, training and nutrition categories? other categories you'd like to see? or do you like the way it's currently split up?
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Monk
Bruce Kidd

Postby Monk » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:25 am

hey.. a couple thoughts from my end of the pool,

Since we have a Gear Category, we probably could use a Nutrition / Training(Or something) Category. Right now seems these questions are being asked in the Open Board (not that this is wrong).

Um, one other thought was the Run/Race Report & Event Reviews... uh, it um.. looks rather redundant.. can we combine these? Seems that the same stuff is happening in them.. ?

hope these help. :)

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:30 am

themonk wrote:Since we have a Gear Category, we probably could use a Nutrition / Training(Or something) Category. Right now seems these questions are being asked in the Open Board (not that this is wrong).

one of each? or those things combined into one board?

Um, one other thought was the Run/Race Report & Event Reviews... uh, it um.. looks rather redundant.. can we combine these? Seems that the same stuff is happening in them.. ?

they are actually two different things. Run/Race Reports is for the individual race stories (ie, how you did, how you felt, etc) whereas Event Reviews is for the functional review of the event (how well organized, etc) so that other people can decide whether or not to run that particular race in the future. does that make sense? so far no one has posted in the wrong one so I'm guessing that most are figuring it out...

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Monk
Bruce Kidd

Postby Monk » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:34 am

klewlis wrote:
one of each? or those things combined into one board?

I would think one of each... Like a Gear, Training/Nutrition (they go hand in hand), etc.. ... ?

they are actually two different things. Run/Race Reports is for the individual race stories (ie, how you did, how you felt, etc) whereas Event Reviews is for the functional review of the event (how well organized, etc) so that other people can decide whether or not to run that particular race in the future. does that make sense? so far no one has posted in the wrong one so I'm guessing that most are figuring it out...

I was confused... but if it works for everyone else, then I can get along with that. :)

anyhow, I am just thinking outloud here.. ;)

q
Bill Crothers

Postby q » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:36 am

As for race reports my recent one (MBTS) is long. But my review of HBC 10K is basiclly a pro and con list Thats what I'll do for MTBS in couple of days, a pro and con list. I am sure Jacob will add some info/ opiinion to it upon his return.
Bettina Peterson: "Where're you headed?"
Chuck Noland: "Well, I was just about to figure that out."

Madame Bourette
Jerome Drayton

Postby Madame Bourette » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:35 am

What about a beer and Ice cream forum? :wink:
"Ok, j'vais l'faire le maudit Ironman!" North of Hélène, Dec 15, 2008.

Running Mania moderator-in-training

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:51 am

larochelle wrote:What about a beer and Ice cream forum? :wink:

lol

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:01 am

ok for now I'll make a Training/Eating/Recovering forum. We'll see how it goes and if we need to split it up further later on, we can.

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”