Changing names

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
MINITEE
Lynn Williams

Postby MINITEE » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:03 am

OK...

As both Holly & Ange have noted.. .

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH... everyone step back, think & be an adult about it...

Later... :?

With all the snide remarks some days - it can often be difficult to try to telepathically decide whether or not someone is joking..remember that when you post something you think is cute/funny, it may not appear cute/funny to anyone/everyone else.

And the personal attack, on-line.. No need for that one at all...
KEEP GOING, NEVER GIVE UP: Spencer D

Hey, be careful around me, apparently I'm a chronically offended kind of person... ;)

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:08 am

No offense intended. Just felt like saying it for once. And what would we be without you and him and her! We make this community what it is and it is a great one. I'm cool and I'm happy! :D :D :D :D
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:09 am

hey Mike, maybe it's a good time for your "new feature for dealing with posts that offend you". ;)
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:12 am

North of Zzzzzzzz wrote:
Your comments make my eyes roll ... and often... you are so quick and jumping at conclusions, assuming the worst in what people are saying...
Yes Brian is probably telling what he thinks inside but in the same time i know he was still joking.

oh yes once again I am overreacting. Just because I defend something when someone "picks" on something for no reason that I happen to like (or even don't like - who knows). I'd like to see how people would react if I did the same thing to them. There's lots of topics I could do that to but because I have respect for people's opinions and interests that are different than mine I don't.

And don't give me the "telling what he thinks inside" but it's ok because he's joking. That's a cop out. There's no need for it and there's no need to say it just to get a rise out of people.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:14 am

Samantha wrote:
North of Zzzzzzzz wrote:
Your comments make my eyes roll ... and often... you are so quick and jumping at conclusions, assuming the worst in what people are saying...
Yes Brian is probably telling what he thinks inside but in the same time i know he was still joking.

oh yes once again I am overreacting. Just because I defend something when someone "picks" on something for no reason that I happen to like (or even don't like - who knows). I'd like to see how people would react if I did the same thing to them. There's lots of topics I could do that to but because I have respect for people's opinions and interests that are different than mine I don't.

And don't give me the "telling what he thinks inside" but it's ok because he's joking. That's a cop out. There's no need for it and there's no need to say it just to get a rise out of people.

ok um... correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought three mods just told you guys to stop. Why are you still going?

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Ironboy
Abby Hoffman

Postby Ironboy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:15 am

Samantha wrote:oh yes once again I am overreacting. ...

Yes, I think you are.

Iron-North
Jerome Drayton

Postby Iron-North » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:15 am

Samantha wrote:
North of Zzzzzzzz wrote:

OK! Sounds good. :D
Always North of something ...

Ironman Cozumel 2014
Vancouver to Inuvik on bike 2014

Samantha
Donovan Bailey

Postby Samantha » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:50 am

klewlis wrote:
Samantha wrote:
North of Zzzzzzzz wrote:

ok um... correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought three mods just told you guys to stop. Why are you still going?

I hope you are including the author of the original post in this reprimand. Even if the comment was a "joke" or not a "joke". And if it was said purposely to "rile up people" - how is that any different than reacting to it.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:52 am

Samantha wrote:I hope you are including the author of the original post in this reprimand. Even if the comment was a "joke" or not a "joke". And if it was said purposely to "rile up people" - how is that any different than reacting to it.

You can't control what other people say; you can only control your own reaction to it.

When mods say "that's enough", we expect EVERYONE to stop, not to see everyone trying to get in the last word or the last jab.

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 am

Fourth mod here.

"Cut it out" is not a code for "get your last shots in".

ETA: Holly beat me to it.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:52 pm

dd wrote:
Æ wrote:Actually I think that all you have to do is change your name and then change it back again. I don't think the search engine keeps track of your posts once you change your name and change back.

no, it will show all your 'former' posts no matter what your new name.

i think i may have started this trend, but it's for a very specific reason and a very specific person (not a stranger), so i'm not going to bother to explain further. not sure why the bandwagon, though.

IG, good point about the avatars not being visible to some people. i kept mine the same thinking that was enough to identify me. (moot point, now).

Hey this is my thread! So, what I want to know is, who are you dd, I have no clue :oops:

deerdree
Kevin Sullivan

Postby deerdree » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:22 pm

mcshame wrote:
dd wrote:
Æ wrote:Actually I think that all you have to do is change your name and then change it back again. I don't think the search engine keeps track of your posts once you change your name and change back.

i think i may have started this trend, but it's for a very specific reason and a very specific person (not a stranger), so i'm not going to bother to explain further. not sure why the bandwagon, though.

IG, good point about the avatars not being visible to some people. i kept mine the same thinking that was enough to identify me. (moot point, now).

Hey this is my thread! So, what I want to know is, who are you dd, I have no clue :oops:

:lol: poster formerly known as deerdree. technically known as deirdre. we had a nice chat at NCM last year. :wink: my initials are dd. as is my nickname among family. i plead the fifth on cup size. :twisted:

seuss
Kevin Sullivan

Postby seuss » Tue Mar 04, 2008 7:30 pm

dd wrote:
mcshame wrote:
dd wrote:

:lol: poster formerly known as deerdree. technically known as deirdre. we had a nice chat at NCM last year. :wink: my initials are dd. as is my nickname among family. i plead the fifth on cup size. :twisted:

grande? venti? why so confidential on this? :wink:
2010 - gone viral?
2011 - mitochondrial mystery tour

mcshame
Sylvia Ruegger

Postby mcshame » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:33 pm

seuss wrote:
dd wrote:
mcshame wrote:
dd wrote:

Thanks! I'm not touching that one :wink:

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:08 pm

mcshame wrote:
seuss wrote:
dd wrote:
mcshame wrote:
dd wrote:

Thanks! I'm not touching that one :wink:

The fifth? So, if sizes are measured in letters, then the fifth would be an "E"?
BG

braveheart
Lynn Williams

Postby braveheart » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:18 pm

just some input from my side - I changed my name without really noticing all the other changes- just going through some personal stuff and wanted to change my name to suit my thinking
"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer
Don't give up before the miracle.
**formerly campbellskid**

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”