site updates

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
ultraslacker
Site Admin

Re: Strength to you

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:11 pm

Jwolf wrote:
klewlis wrote:[eta: what I might do is get rid of some of the old NRR posts to reduce the load... they take up the biggest numbers and aren't helpful to the site.

You could do like some other forums do and automatically delete threads in NRR (and maybe in General Running) that don't have any new replies after a set period. I can see leaving training, food, logs, etc. stuff on indefinitely, though.

the problem with that is that there are some really old ones that I'd like to keep (from when we were first starting out).
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jwolf
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jwolf » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:15 pm

klewlis wrote:
Jwolf wrote:
klewlis wrote:[eta: what I might do is get rid of some of the old NRR posts to reduce the load... they take up the biggest numbers and aren't helpful to the site.

You could do like some other forums do and automatically delete threads in NRR (and maybe in General Running) that don't have any new replies after a set period. I can see leaving training, food, logs, etc. stuff on indefinitely, though.

the problem with that is that there are some really old ones that I'd like to keep (from when we were first starting out).

well, you could do it in NRR, at least. NRR didn't exist way back then.

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Mar 07, 2008 6:20 pm

Jwolf wrote:
klewlis wrote:
Jwolf wrote:

well, you could do it in NRR, at least. NRR didn't exist way back then.

we moved threads into it when we started it. ;)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:51 am

just in case anyone's wondering... progress is stalled for a couple of days due to real life... going to try to get things up and running later this week. :)

Midge
Jerome Drayton

Postby Midge » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:51 am

thanks for update

bigger thanks for having a life
;) early and ;) often - it pays off in the long run

"Keep Going. Never Give Up" - Spencer

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”