Fast Lane Or Similar

Questions and comments about the forum or the web site
jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Fast Lane Or Similar

Postby jacob42.2 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:10 pm

How about a room for the people going for the best?? Somewhere--where advice about speed and such could be spilled without worries of newbies taking it and running off with it...perhaps a sticky with a warning...Just a thought.... :D
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47
RUNNING MANIA #2

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Re: Fast Lane Or Similar

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:41 pm

jacob42.2 wrote:How about a room for the people going for the best?? Somewhere--where advice about speed and such could be spilled without worries of newbies taking it and running off with it...perhaps a sticky with a warning...Just a thought.... :D

how many people do we have who need it? I'm not sure there are enough to warrant a whole new board (they're already becoming numerous so I don't want any that don't get used).

Unless a lot of people want this, it may be best just to state in your specific threads that the questions/answers are intended for advanced runners, not new ones.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:11 pm

Jacob...I hear ya...but I just think you should start all your posts with:

Elite Runner Coming Through...Take Heed :wink:

Let's face it...Jacob...on this board you are kinda "a category of one"

Course don't forget the reason why you hang out with us is that...you've grown incredibly fond of us...and vice versa.

Besides...you're takin care of me when I'm old and crabby!

I have to admit I want to get faster...but let's face it...at my age and stage...my fast is your slow!! :oops: So...I suspect if you want to get faster you'll have to get a coach or hang out with the Elites...just don't forget us people lower down on the food chain :shock: :twisted:

Joanne
C-Moss: Woof...
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:24 pm

Jacob, I really think if you put a few results in your signature it would help. The concern is that as the board gets more popular somebody might pop in and browse and misunderstand some of your techniques for things they should use as a beginner. If your results were in your signature, it would be fair warning.... :wink:

jacob42.2
Bill Crothers

Postby jacob42.2 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:34 pm

last time I had results in my sig, I got some pretty awful PM's about not being true, and that my encouragment was farce :evil: . I'll put them back in, but if I get anything like that again, poof...gone.
PB's: 5k: 16:40 10K: 34:59 21.1: 1:17:16 Marathon: 02:50:47

RUNNING MANIA #2

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:41 pm

jacob42.2 wrote:last time I had results in my sig, I got some pretty awful PM's about not being true, and that my encouragment was farce :evil: . I'll put them back in, but if I get anything like that again, poof...gone.

Nobody tick off Jacob, or he will go poof on us .... :evil:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:53 pm

jacob42.2 wrote:last time I had results in my sig, I got some pretty awful PM's about not being true, and that my encouragment was farce :evil: . I'll put them back in, but if I get anything like that again, poof...gone.

really? not here, I hope. that's crazy, and sad. I think most people at this forum know where you're coming from and that you really have accomplished what you say. Heck, we've seen your name everywhere lately!
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:03 pm

Haven't you got the impression yet that people here will stick up for you? Heck, that's the reason half the members came here in the first place! This is supposed to be an inclusive board, and that means top to bottom. You don't have to hide your times.

Return to “Site News, Questions, and Comments”