no one around...

A place for walkers to discuss their unique needs
KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

no one around...

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:08 am

:( Everyone is writing about their running and nothing about their cross-training of walking .... seeing I can't walk right now, I'd love to read what all you runners are doing.

Karen

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:10 am

I'm leaving for the golf course soon. We'll be walking the course. It is an executive length course, so about 6k.

Hmm, i could measure that exactly. Would it look bad to wear my Garmin while golfing? :think:
The road to hell is paved. Run trails.

KaTyBrown
Bruce Kidd

Postby KaTyBrown » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:12 am

BJH wrote:I'm leaving for the golf course soon. We'll be walking the course. It is an executive length course, so about 6k.

Hmm, i could measure that exactly. Would it look bad to wear my Garmin while golfing? :think:

Yes, wear it that way you will find where the 19th hole is without any problems. :D

CeilidhOnTheRun
Jerome Drayton

Postby CeilidhOnTheRun » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:15 am

I walked over an hour yesterday to pick up my van from Ang's (I'd left it there after the BBQ Sat. nite). Worked out wel since it was the day after the LSD, and I couldn't get my bike out since I haven't repaired the flat yet. :?

Then Ang and I walked another 20 mins or so to a Starbuck's a with a patio for an afternoon java.

I was tired by the time I got home, but legs were loosened up, thankfully.
~Trish
Recovering slowly...

turd ferguson
Ben Johnson

Postby turd ferguson » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:32 am

Off to a 10k race in Okotoks in about 15 minutes.

I actually walked a ton yesterday - it was hot and sunny here yesterday unlike the rest of the country, and Matthew and I went for about two hours of walks around our lake and around the neighbourhood. It was hot as heck but there were lots of yellow leaves, sure starting to feel like fall.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

RA.
Kevin Sullivan

Postby RA. » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:48 am

I never think to post about my walking since it's just a normal part of my every day life. Today I planned my run to end just before the Public Gardens. So then I walked through the gardens, watching all the ducks and admiring the flowers. I will do the same later as I head down to the coffee shop.
Life is short. Stop whining!!- Jwolf

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:55 am

hmm....I try to post my walking workouts - but, I will always post my daily workouts in the daily thread, under the general running discussions.....I mean, I posted my iron training under there.....

IMO, the walking section would be to discuss walking related stuff - not necessarily walking workouts. (i.e. the ultra folk post their daily workouts in the GRD section).....
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:50 pm

KaTyBrown wrote:
BJH wrote:I'm leaving for the golf course soon. We'll be walking the course. It is an executive length course, so about 6k.

Yes, wear it that way you will find where the 19th hole is without any problems. :D

:lol: I've played that course at least 30. maybe 40. times. If I don't know my way to the 19th hole by now ... ;)

My estimate was pretty good, it turned out to be 6.14km, in 3:11, for an average speed of 1.9km/h. That was with the auto pause on, actual playing time was just under four hours.

Irongirl
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Irongirl » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:52 pm

err....can you give us that in min/km BJH? ;)

.....31:07/km
i run for me.

Number of Maniacs Met: 225!

BJH
Lynn Williams

Postby BJH » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:58 pm

With the auto pause on the unit was measuring each time I was moving, so all the little movements when I was setting up a swing are registered as activity time, even though there was no forward movement.

The graph is kind of funny - there is a speed spike every time I swung the club. :)

Return to “Walking”