SPRING GEAR ORDER - OFFICIAL THREAD

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
dgrant
Lynn Williams

SPRING GEAR ORDER - OFFICIAL THREAD

Postby dgrant » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:47 pm

Victory is sweeter in RM gear!

After putting out feelers with both the RM Nation and potential suppliers, here's what's been settled:

Tech shirts:

Axisgear Coolmax tops:

Women's BETTY tanktops(choice of orange or black) - $40
Women's RAID T-shirts(choice of orange or grey) - $40
Men's MARATHON singlets (choice of orange or black) - $40
Men's RAID T-shirts (choice of orange or grey) - $40

OR - any two of the above for $75.

100% Ultracotton T-shirts:

Unisex (S/M/L/XL) choice of orange or grey - 2 for $20

Temporary tattoos: (2" diameter of the circular logo)

25 for $10 or 20 for $5 if you are placing a shirt order.

New policy for spring 2006:

It really bugged me on previous orders when some people had to shell out as much as $20 extra for individual shipping simply because they happened to live in a city with no other Maniacs. So this time all the above prices include shipping for everyone...nobody will pay an add-on to have theirs shipped. Of course this assumes that we'll again be shipping many shirts together to the major cities like Halifax, Montreal, Ottawa, GTA, Kingston, K-W, London, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, GVA, etc..., and folks will get together to distribute them.

Payment Info:

Once again, I'll handle the actual items, and Holly will handle the $$$.

To pay by cheque or money order:

Holly Vipond
PO BOX 20121 RPO Beverly
Edmonton, AB
T5W 5E6

by paypal:
hvipond@nucleus.com

by email transfer:
hvipond@nucleus.com

(you can use this option if you bank with one of the major banks--there is usually a small fee.)

Sizing Charts:

Tech shirts:

Axisgear sizing chart

Unisex Ultracotton shirts:

Small – 36” Chest
Medium – 40” Chest
Large – 44” Chest
X Large – 48” Chest

FAQ:

How do I order?

Decide what you want, tell me using a post in this thread, and send payment to Holly (please be sure to tell Holly what your RM screen name is as well). If you think I don't know what city you're in, please send me a pm to let me know (or just put in your post here).

When do I order?

Any time between now and January 31st.

Where does the extra money go?

As you can see, the shirts are less expensive than ever before. This is partly because we are establishing a relationship with the supplier, and partly because previous orders have gone a long way in paying Holly's Runningmania-related expenses already. I suspect that this order will produce an extra $200-$300, and I'm sure as a club we can collectively come up with ways to spend that on ourselves. Maybe some club BBQs around the country, or whatever...

When do I get my stuff?

Assuming we submit the order by the first week of February, I expect to have gear on peoples' backs by end of March.

So, in summary:

Any tech shirts - $40 or any two for $75
Cotton shirts - 2 for $20
Tattoos - 25 for $10 or 20 for $5 with a shirt order

And remember, accessorize!!
Last edited by dgrant on Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agent Provocateur
Bill Crothers

Postby Agent Provocateur » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:51 pm

God, I hope I'm still employed on Tuesday!

I'd like a women's orange Betty in medium (because clearly owning one is not enough) :D
2 med cotton T's
20 temporary tattoos

-Natalie
Love life, eat plants, do yoga.

Doonst
Abby Hoffman

Postby Doonst » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:56 pm

Thanks Dave. Mens large MARATHON singlet, orange, mens large RAID T orange, 2 large cotton t's, one grey, one orange, 20 tattoos. Is that an even hundred?

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:58 pm

ROFL

Oh my dgrant...this is just the laugh I needed today...you are a sweetie...can I adopt you...oh yeah I fogot you don't like doggies :shock: :wink:

I'll give some thought to what I want...

Best regards,
Hula Girl
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:00 pm

Doonst wrote:Thanks Dave. Mens large MARATHON singlet, orange, mens large RAID T orange, 2 large cotton t's, one grey, one orange, 20 tattoos. Is that an even hundred?

Yep, you got it.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:11 pm

First...I want a cut for the use of my "technicolour" picture of some crazy woman bartering for a cheap pair of shoes.

Second...did anyone ever do a mock-up of the "reverse" logo to show what black would look like?

Third....I now have two RM shirts and I still haven't run in them. Do I need a third? Of course I need a singlet/sleeveless top in medium but the colour (orange or black) depends on the answer to the previous question.

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:21 pm

nick wrote:First...I want a cut for the use of my "technicolour" picture of some crazy woman bartering for a cheap pair of shoes.

Second...did anyone ever do a mock-up of the "reverse" logo to show what black would look like?

Third....I now have two RM shirts and I still haven't run in them. Do I need a third? Of course I need a singlet/sleeveless top in medium but the colour (orange or black) depends on the answer to the previous question.

First...the RM Nation is forever indebted to you for capturing Jo-Jo in all her regal splendour.

Second...I didn't get Norm at Axisgear to do a mock-up of the black gear, because the only variation will be that the lettering will be in white. The circular logo will be identical to how it appears on-screen. (Because of the current black circumference of the circle, it may appear to "float" on the black background. But hey, black on black is the new black!).

Third...did you ever think it might be the sleeves on your other shirts that are holding you back? Maybe you need a singlet to get back out there!
Last edited by dgrant on Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jo-Jo
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Jo-Jo » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:29 pm

Nick
:shock: Are you calling me crazy :cry: :wink:

Just remember...you're running CTRR with me...and I understand there are many steep hills...and cliffs too...I would hate to read about a terrible "accident" :roll: :wink: :D
Technophobe Extraordinaire
"Princess" J0-JO...The Awesome Running Machine.
"a precious, unique and quirky individual"...definition given by a Toronto Cop
An Ever Loyal and Devoted Official Doonst Fan.
"In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer" -Albert Camus
"Keep Going. Never Give Up." Spencer

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:51 pm

dgrant wrote:Second...I didn't get Norm at Axisgear to do a mock-up of the black gear, because the only variation will be that the lettering will be in white. The circular logo will be identical to how it appears on-screen. (Because of the current black circumference of the circle, it may appear to "float" on the black background. But hey, black on black is the new black!).

ok wait. you mean that we'll have the orange guy and the white around the guy, but the black circle will be invisible?
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

runjanerun
Jerome Drayton

Postby runjanerun » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:52 pm

For Heather and me:

Two Black Bettys (Isn't there a song by that name or with those words in it???) in Size Medium and 20 temporary tattoos!
Jane

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:54 pm

Dave, I'll update this with the official order when I have final buy-in from MrsBG. Although I haven't yet got her to lace up her sneakers, she thinks she might like a Betty Tank.

Me, I'm interested to know how, er, REVEALING these here MARATHON singlets are -- because if they're only really appropriate for fellas like yourself, then I'll just go for another tee. If they're more like the sleeveless you're wearing in your avatar, I'd probably go for one. Couldn't find a pic on axisgear.ca.

I'm all about the tattoos and patches, too.

BG
Helping to finance the RM Nation ... one article of RM Gear at a time.

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:34 pm

klewlis wrote:
dgrant wrote:Second...I didn't get Norm at Axisgear to do a mock-up of the black gear, because the only variation will be that the lettering will be in white. The circular logo will be identical to how it appears on-screen. (Because of the current black circumference of the circle, it may appear to "float" on the black background. But hey, black on black is the new black!).

ok wait. you mean that we'll have the orange guy and the white around the guy, but the black circle will be invisible?

That's why I was asking. In the previous thread the "vision" was to flip the black circle for white and the white inside of the circle to black. Now I get the picture....so to speak.

Kristi
Jerome Drayton

Postby Kristi » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:42 pm

This is exciting stuff! Dave, you're awesome!! Lisa, you're awesome too for putting up with all of the time that Dave puts into this!

My order:

Women's Betty Tank (XL) Orange

T-shirts (2) (L) Can I do one grey and one orange?

$60

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:25 pm

So, do you like the first one (ignore the blue, I suck at MSPaint), or the second? I'm fine either way.

BG: I'll see if I can get a mock-up of the singlets. I've actually noticed that getting a tighter singlet tends toward the more modest side, compared to the larger ones that end up billowing out and revealing all to the world...

deb
Bill Crothers

Postby deb » Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:55 pm

I'm all about black betty's! can you get the lettering in orange? If not I vote for the second pic.

either way, I would like one large black betty tank, and 20 tattoo's please!

total 45 dollars right? Do you still have my address from the last order or do you need me to send it again?

You are absolutely awesome for doing this.....you and Holly should at least get a free t-shirt out of the deal!!

Thanks guys.
somedays, even my lucky rocketship undies don't help

Size5
Lynn Williams

Re: SPRING GEAR ORDER - OFFICIAL THREAD

Postby Size5 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:00 am

dgrant wrote:Men's RAID T-shirts (choice of orange or grey) - $40

Can I order the men's shirt with Buns in it? :lol:

ummmm serious order coming shortly..........

S5
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

Size5
Lynn Williams

Postby Size5 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:02 am

My next question is what is the name of the long sleve shirt we ordered last time? I want to compare the size chart so I know if I should order small or medium....

S5
Vancouver 2012 Done!
Considering CIM 2012

ultraslacker
Site Admin

Postby ultraslacker » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:12 am

Oh, now that I seem them that way, I like the second one best.
"You're an ultrarunner, normal rules don't apply to you." (Doonst)

First say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do. ~Epictetus

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:14 am

Singlets :shock: What a great idea, Dave ... :lol: You da man ... :P

2 Men's Small Singlets (1 orange and 1 black) (though not sure what the sizes are between a Small and Medium ???)
2 Medium Cotton T-Shirts
20 tatoos

That's $100.00, correct ???? :roll:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

dgrant
Lynn Williams

Postby dgrant » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:37 am

Size5 wrote:My next question is what is the name of the long sleve shirt we ordered last time? I want to compare the size chart so I know if I should order small or medium....

S5

The long sleeves were "RAID" shirts as well. These ones are identical cut, just with short sleeves. And no, bunsontherun not included!

Nicholas
Site Admin

Postby Nicholas » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:41 am

Actually, I like the first version of the inverted logo...I think it is truer to the original logo but just flipping the black & white. However, I'm not hung up on it. If everyone else likes #2, so be it.

I suck at PhotoShop. I tried for over an hour last night to do the mock-up and kept getting grey wriitng on black. No clue why. So, congrats on your Paint skills!!

I men's medium black sleevless, please.

And Queen did sing "Whoa Black Betty, Bam ba Lam". It came out as a single (remember those?) by Ram Jam but the original was by the legendary blues singer Leadbelly.

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Postby Sir Crashalot » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:54 am

2 medium grey cotton tee shirts

Finally!!! I'll be full fledged member even though I am not much of a runner!!!
:D
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

BaldGuy
Jerome Drayton

Postby BaldGuy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 8:59 am

nick wrote:I suck at PhotoShop. I tried for over an hour last night to do the mock-up and kept getting grey wriitng on black. No clue why. So, congrats on your Paint skills!!

I did one in COREL PhotoPaint, but then couldn't get my PhotoBucket account working, so never got to post it. For the record, I'm kinda partial to v.2 myself. I like the runner in orange on white. Just my $0.02.
BG

RayMan
Jerome Drayton

Postby RayMan » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:03 am

So the cotton shirts are not meant for running, just for hanging out in?

La
Kevin Sullivan

Postby La » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:10 am

Put me down for:

1 Betty Tank - Black XL $40
2 Cotton Ts - Grey M $20
20 Tattoos - $5

Total: $65
"Maybe I will be my own inspiration." - UltraMonk (Laura)
"Everywhere is walking distance if you have enough time." - Steven Wright

Return to “Gearing Up”