Shoe Question

Clothing, accessories, equipment, etc.
Bruce Kidd

Shoe Question

Postby newbie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:39 pm

I finally got my orthotics yesterday and now I have a issue, I run in brooks glycerin 11's but now my heel slips in them. I have tried the lock laces and it does work a little better but I need to get new shoes anyway (I was just going to buy another pair of 11's since race weekend is so close) so I am looking for suggestions on a neutral shoe that works well with orthotics? I do a bit of a heel lift and I am guessing that is what the issue is. I do have a new pair of glycerine 10's and they have the same issue.
Next up:

Feb 2015 - Castaway Key 5k
March 2015 - St. Patrick's Day 10k
May 2015 - ORW 1/2 Marathon

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Re: Shoe Question

Postby HCcD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 pm

Make your way down to Sports4 on Bank St and ask for Peter .... heck, any of their staff would be great for assistance ... by far the best selection and actually competitive prices in Town ... Just tell Peter that I sent ay ... perhaps, better wait til after you buy the shoes before telling him that I sent you ... :shifty: :lol: :wink: :oops:
Race Results: http://itsmyrun.com/index.php?display=p ... unner=HCiD

Bruce Kidd

Postby newbie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:44 pm

HCcD wrote:Make your way down to Sports4 on Bank St and ask for Peter .... heck, any of their staff would be great for assistance ... by far the best selection and actually competitive prices in Town ... Just tell Peter that I sent ay ... perhaps, better wait til after you buy the shoes before telling him that I sent you ... :shifty: :lol: :wink: :oops:

I will definietly check them out. The issue I have though is that I have a bunch of 30% coupons for the RR that expire soon so unless they are that much cheaper there I will use my coupon
Next up:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:49 pm

newbie wrote:
HCcD wrote:Make your way down to Sports4 on Bank St and ask for Peter .... heck, any of their staff would be great for assistance ... by far the best selection and actually competitive prices in Town ... Just tell Peter that I sent ay ... perhaps, better wait til after you buy the shoes before telling him that I sent you ... :shifty: :lol: :wink: :oops:

I will definietly check them out. The issue I have though is that I have a bunch of 30% coupons for the RR that expire soon so unless they are that much cheaper there I will use my coupon

Then just get fitted at the RR ... Not sure about the Orleans location, other than the store manager, Judy ... but, the Slater St loccation has couple of good people ... but, seriously, though, for selection, go to Sports 4 .. get fitted, then pull out the coupons and ask for competitive pricing matching, or just go and buy the shoes at the RR with your coupons ... if you do this, definitely, DO NOT mention my name ... :shifty: :lol: :wink:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:56 pm

Eta: how did you get your hands on a pile of 30% coupons?? :shifty:

Bruce Kidd

Postby newbie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:41 am

HCcD wrote:Eta: how did you get your hands on a pile of 30% coupons?? :shifty:

I have been a group leader for the 10k clinic for the past 2 years and get a coupon at the end of the clinic, because you have to spend $50 I don't usually use them only for shoes.
Next up:

HCcD
Donovan Bailey

Postby HCcD » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:48 am

newbie wrote:

I have been a group leader for the 10k clinic for the past 2 years and get a coupon at the end of the clinic, because you have to spend $50 I don't usually use them only for shoes.

I thought there was an expiry date on the coupons that had to be used within a month after the clinic ened :what: :what: :what:

Bruce Kidd

Postby newbie » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:28 am

HCcD wrote:
newbie wrote:

I thought there was an expiry date on the coupons that had to be used within a month after the clinic ened :what: :what: :what:

The group leader ones are good for a year, the clinic ones are one month
Next up:

O Z D
Johnny Miles

Postby O Z D » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 pm

HCcD wrote:
newbie wrote:

Recent-ish (Maybe last quarter of 2013), both group leader and guest speaker coupons are good for a year.

Return to “Gearing Up”