Whoever is looking for a new bike, don't pass up the TCX!!!!

A cozy spot for triathletes and other multi-sporters

Sir Crashalot
Abby Hoffman

Whoever is looking for a new bike, don't pass up the TCX!!!!

Postby Sir Crashalot » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:50 am

color White / Blue
frame ALUXX SL Compact Road Design, Frame Set Available
fork fomulaOne Full Composite, w/ alloy steerer
handlebar 6061 Anatomic Bend, 31.8mm
stem 3D Forged aluminum, 31.8mm
seatpost formulaOne Composite
saddle Giant Racing
pedals Crank Brothers, Candy C
derailleur front: Shimano Tiagra rear: Shimano 105
brakes Avid Shorty 4
levers Shimano Tiagra w/safety levers
shifters Shimano Tiagra
cassette SRAM PG950 11-28T 9-speed
chain Shimano HG-73
cranks Shimano R4550-S compact, 34 / 50
bb Shimano external
rims Xero XGR-1
hubs Xero XGR-1
spokes Xero XGR-1
tires Michelin Cross Mud2, 700x30

I saw one yesterday at the local shop & even threw a leg over it! Had the weather been dry, I would have gone for a spin on it too. Retails for $1,200.
This thing is really hot looking!!! Honest to all heck!!! The image does absolutely nothing for it!!! Whoever took this picture for the brochure & website missed by a mile!!! If I had to personally choose a bike based on a catalogue image, I would have taken one look & said the colours are dull & taken a pass on it. Looks are important as much as function. The top tube has the "GIANT" on it & wow! ehe blue is really vibrant.... lots of pop on it! The "TCX" on the chainstays are sharp & the "GIANT" on the seatstays was a nice touch as well. Clearance up the wazoo for the widest tires that you can come up with for the rear wheel.
I told the guys that they should have said something to me before they closed back in November. It might have affected my purchase of the Crossbow :lol: :lol: :lol:
The wheels will not last too long in cross & the top tube is not ovalized for shouldering the bike on the run (for comfort) but for the average person looking for a do-it-all bike (commuting, du/tri's, light touring, light trail, family rides, fast group rides), who cares! & you can dabble in cyclocross too, if the urge is there to try it.

& at $1.25/L of gas ...
Image Fortes Fortuna Juvat!
In support of injured Canadian Forces soldiers, please donate to Soldier On! http://www.cfpsa.com/Splashpages/SoldierOn/
Never really ready but always ready!

Return to “The Dark Side”