A new month, more snow Saturday

A comfortable place for anyone and everyone to talk about running

Dr. S
Abby Hoffman

Re: A new month, more snow Saturday

Postby Dr. S » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:07 pm

Iron-North wrote:Today I will run and before the big dump of snow we are supposed to get.

Hélène! You're back! :D

I ran 6 miles, longest run since the fall. It wasn't easy & I was slow... I ran half by myself and finished with Popeye.
Sonia

7 marathons (PB 5:01)
31 halfs (PB 2:10)
----------------------------
The plan for 2014: 10K des glaces & Apocalypse 5K
2015: No plan at all!

barebuns1
Bill Crothers

Postby barebuns1 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:22 pm

The weather was not too bad. But I decided to run on the tm. I ran a short 5km before my workout.
If you have to ask me why I Run, You probably wouldn't understand!

Habs4ever
Kevin Sullivan

Postby Habs4ever » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:35 pm

We had some snow in the last two days, and I was a bit worried about it hiding the ice. My shoulder is finally feeling better after my wipe out a few weeks ago and didn't want to take a chance.
11k treadmill
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow
Love, like I'm on borrowed time
It's good to be alive, yeah....Jason Gray

Running is a conversation with your body. Sometimes you listen and sometimes you tell it to stop whining and do something. - Ian

QuickChick
Lynn Williams

Postby QuickChick » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Yeah my run with JB was great!! I was thrilled that it felt like a very easy run effort wise- I think I'm starting to see some fitness gains! Totally worth the drive into the city... Can't wait till we do a run that's actually more time than what I spent in the car though!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don’t let negativity rent space in your brain for free. That is how you become a badass…by excavating her from inside you. You don’t have to become someone else. You need to identify the effing awesome parts of you that are your tools to work with, and maximize those." -Lauren Fleshman

Spirit Unleashed
Lynn Williams

Postby Spirit Unleashed » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Hammie wrote:
ian wrote:
Hammie wrote:26k in -17C, -24WC. According to Ian's Stupid Scale, that scores 624 and falls into the extremely stupid category. Which sounds about right.

Love it. Runs like this will pay off in the second half of the ultra. Not to mention, between the cold and the exercise, you probably burned a day's worth of calories in a tenth of a day.

I spent my mental energy in the last 5k planning an epic lunch and reminding myself that race day will be a minimum 25-30 degrees warmer :lol: . Although With Calgary weather, it actually isn't guaranteed that we won't have snow in June.

Every time I mention to someone here that I am going to Calgary in June; they say: it will be cold and snowy.
Athlete....Maniac 973....Marathon Maniac 6645
Live the most amazing life you can live - La
marathon runners are awesomeness personified - Ian
Bucket list: http://www.tassietrailfest.com.au/
http://ultramonk.blogspot.com/

kab
Bruce Kidd

Postby kab » Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:02 pm

I ran downtown today and a car did a right hand turn in front of me when I had the walk signal. I ran into the side of her car. When I glared into her window she put her foot to the floor. I was so stunned I didn't get the license plate number which was covered in mud in any case. I'm having a weird week.
Oct 26, 2014 Vancouver Rock and Roll Half
Feb 22, 2015 Hypothermic half wave 1

Return to “General Running Discussion”